We are looking for a Project Manager (male/female/diverse) for our country office in North Macedonia starting from 1st September 2023.
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (forumZFD - Forum Civil Peace Service) supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
forumFD is seeking a full-time Project Manager for its country office in North Macedonia, who would also be working in close cooperation with other forumZFD offices in the region. The key areas of activity of the programme in the Western Balkans and in North Macedonia are dealing with the past (DwP) and peace education (PE).
- Advanced university degree in social science, humanities or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience, preferably in, but not limited to fields of anthropology, arts and culture, working with media;
- Work experience related to the fields of DwP and/or peace education;
- Formal qualification in civil peace service or comparable knowledge of methods for civil and non-violent conflict transformation;
- Thorough knowledge of political, social, and historical contexts in North Macedonia and the Western Balkans;
- Experience in project management, including planning, initiation, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and financial controlling in cooperation with activists, networks, movements and/or NGOs;
- Experience in third-party fundraising with partners is an asset;
- Strong analytical skills and proven capacity for reflection, strategic and conceptual thinking;
- High level of social competence, flexibility, and intercultural sensitivity;
- Distinct experience and ability to work effectively in teams, preferably including experience working in virtual team settings;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English, good knowledge of Macedonian and/or Albanian would be an asset;
- Competent in the use of IT office applications and experience in the professional use of social media;
- Driving licence and driving experience;
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Project Manager you will contribute to the Western Balkans Program of forumZFD as part of the country office team in North Macedonia and forumZFD’s regional structure. Tasks will include:
- Contribute to encouraging constructive public discourse on topics of dealing the past within North Macedonia and throughout the region;
- Create, develop and implement projects in the areas of activity of forumZFD as part of a national and regional team;
- Manage the project implementation (PM&E, steering, and financial controlling);
- Establish and maintain contacts and partnerships with local partners and stakeholders;
- Contribute to annual program planning and budget allocation;
Based in Skopje, North Macedonia, the position entails frequent travel within the country and the region.
As a project manager working for forumZFD, you will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas and skills within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of countries outside of forumZFD’s WB program. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working from 1 September 2023 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at www.forumzfd.de/jobs/ (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 11 June 2023.
If you have any questions regarding the selection process please do not hesitate to contact Kristen Schubert at email@example.com.
Please find further information about our organization and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de.
Our work in the Western Balkans is described in more detail at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/western-balkans.
You will also find more information about our and our partners’ work in the area of Dealing with the Past in the Western Balkans at www.dwp-balkan.org
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
Please refer to Kampajobs.de in your application!