As part of the Partnership and Programme Development Hub you take the lead in developing and growing long-term partnerships with government donors and selected large foundations in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and Italy - linked to Light for the World’s thematic areas of work in Eye Health, Inclusive Education, Community Based Rehabilitation, Disability Rights, Livelihoods and Disability Inclusive Development. Internally, you will also act as the resource person for institutional funding for Light for the World’s work in Eye Health. Within your lead markets you are strategic in building partnerships and multi-disciplinary consortia with a view to increase both our impact and funding. You pro-actively feed into Light for the World’s overall programme development strategy and operational planning.
A key part of your role will be to work with our local teams in the focus countries where we work to guide, support and build their capacity to raise public and institutional funding in-country.
- You have several years of experience in the development of programmes/ projects in the field of international development as well as in the acquisition and management of public and institutional donor funding (e.g. USAID, EC, DFID, large international foundations etc).
- Experience within the Austrian, German, Swiss and/or Italian markets is essential.
- You are a person with strategic thinking skills and a skilled communicator with a convincing personality.
- Your refined social and facilitating skills characterize you as much as your ability to act in complex surroundings.
- You are interested in development cooperation, and especially the inclusion of persons with disabilities.
- Excellent written and oral German and English language skills are essential, with French language an advantage.
- Good MS Office skills are essential, and database skills desirable.
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation with strong expertise and a growing profile. We are committed to giving our colleagues space to explore new directions, test new ideas and to excel as individuals through and with their team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing and put emphasis on our culture of learning.
The location of employment is Vienna; frequent international travel is foreseen. For this position an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 40.000,- (based on 40hrs/week) commensurate with qualifications and experience is foreseen. Entry date: as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to receiving your application latest by January 17th 2019. Please apply exclusively online via our application tool under https://www.light-for-the-world.org/work-with-us. A complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please also refer to the salary information and let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Light for the World International
Mona Köhler, Niederhofstraße 26, A-1120 Vienna, Austria.