More than just a job!
How can you change the world? We’re on a mission to end global hunger. Our community counts more than 1 million users. Together, they have shared more than 21 million meals. And this is just the beginning.
ShareTheMeal is the smartphone app by the UN World Food Programme (WFP), the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. Smartphone users outnumber hungry children by 20 to 1. If everyone of us gives just a little, we can make a difference!
Become a part of this movement by joining our team: We are looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to drive growth and lead our marketing team in Berlin. You will be in charge of all marketing activities and drive growth and customer acquisition strategies through product and marketing channel optimization.
With your colleagues in the management team, you will further develop our marketing strategy. You will play a key role in both shaping the product as well as building and retaining our user base.
You will work with the creative team to develop inspirational marketing campaigns to drive awareness and donor experiences to foster our community. You will identify new audiences and channels for growth. You will work with the product team to leverage marketing insights and drive feature enhancements within the existing product experience.
1. Develop ShareTheMeal’s marketing strategy and drive execution across key channels including digital advertising, mobile app, PR, social and events
a. Develop a strategy together with the management team of the ShareTheMeal initiative and other relevant WFP stakeholders
b. Prepare discussion documents as well as strategy documents
c. Carry out discussions with relevant WFP and external counterparts to collect expert views
2. Design and implement integrated marketing campaigns
a. Identify campaign opportunities
b. Develop and manage campaigns, ensure ongoing implementation of marketing activities
3. Drive forward partnership initiatives between ShareTheMeal and other players in the mobile space
a. Identify strategic leads and establish contact to potential partners using your network
b. Grow existing relationships
4. Manage the marketing team
a. Lead and grow a small team of marketing consultants
5. Track, measure and analyse performance of marketing activities
a. Work directly with our BI analyst as well as with Google Analytics and other tools
b. Leverage user research to evolve marketing activities where appropriate
6. Support other activities as required
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is preferred
• At least 5 years of digital marketing experience and at least 3 years of experience leading a marketing team with hands on management experience
• Experience and knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels
• Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns
• A proven track record of managing and inspiring team members to develop successful marketing campaigns
• Previous experience creating marketing strategies for a German audience and familiarity with the German market is a plus
• Ability to successfully work with a lean marketing budget to accomplish your goals
• Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative; ability to produce high-quality written materials, including graphically-based PowerPoint presentations as well as text documents
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy
• Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines
• Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the World Food Programme
• In addition to a high proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of a second UN language is a plus
• High proficiency in German is a plus
• To be part of a multi-cultural, talented and driven team working on one of the most innovative social impact projects
• To work on exciting and challenging projects
• To do relevant work: ShareTheMeal is a small team, so what you do will matter!
• Have a high degree of creative freedom
• Huge personal development along the growth of the startup
• To learn new skills and to be listened to: Work closely with other marketing colleagues and developers, have ideas and opinions and see them come to life!
• A competitive salary
• Your CV
• One (or more) work sample(s) that you are proud of
• A short statement to convince us that you are the right person for the job (written, presentation, video)
• One (or more) idea(s) to grow our user base
Marketing Strategy, Lean Startups, Digital Marketing, Sales/Marketing and Strategic Partnerships, Self Motivated, Marketing Management, Growth Hacking, Time Management, Analytical skills, Ngo Management
What We're Building
ShareTheMeal is the award-winning app by the World Food Programme (WFP). With just a few taps on their smartphones, users can donate as little as US $0.50 (the global average cost to feed a child) and feed a child for one day.
Since our global launch in November 2015, millions of meals have been shared by almost 1 million users worldwide. ShareTheMeal has won several awards including Google io Best Social Impact, a SXSW Award and a GSMA award at Mobile World Congress. We are part of Google's "Best Apps of 2016" and Editor's choice. ShareTheMeal is often mentioned by many of the major media outlets including CNN, Al Jazeera and The Guardian.
Join us and help end global hunger!