We are seeking a Communications
Officer to join the Europe Beyond Coal Secretariat’s communications
team. The Communications Officer is responsible for producing content,
nurturing the campaign’s relationships with media, developing stories
that engage audiences on the campaign’s key messages, and supporting
partner organisations in their communications efforts. The
Communications Officer reports to the Senior Communications Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity for
someone who enjoys working across a number of different briefs, from
drafting press releases, to laying out reports, building media lists and
coordinating video productions. The successful candidate will be
passionate about the transition to fossil-free societies, and will enjoy
the challenge of crafting narratives and stories that resonate with
different audiences, across a variety of platforms.
- Draft press releases, blogs, op-eds, and social media posts
- Build media lists and monitor and track press coverage
- Cultivate relationships with journalists and pitch to media
- Produce comms packs for circulation to our network
- Produce simple graphics and video clips for social media
- Edit, proofread and layout reports and briefings
- Identify positive energy transition stories in Europe
- Coordinate small video productions by contractors on location in Europe
- Support the production of new web tools and the maintenance of our website
Skills & Experience Required:
- Native or near-native English speaker. Fluency in another European language a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least two years experience working in communications or comparable role
- Ability to work under pressure, across multiple responsibilities and priorities
- Passionate about realising a healthy, environmentally-friendly and fair society.
- Ability to work with Google Workspace
- Experience with or willingness to learn web applications such as Meltwater and Canva
- Confident working (often remotely) with a broad range of people from different countries, cultures and backgrounds
- Experience of working for an NGO
- Ability to use video and photo editing suites such Photoshop and FinalCut
- Familiarity with productivity tools like Trello and Slack
- Experience operating backend of CMS, ideally WordPress
Terms & Conditions:
- Full-time, permanent contract with trial period.
- Location: Preferably Berlin.
To apply, please send a short CV and a one-page cover letter in English to Alastair Clewer at: ebcjobs[AT]beyond-coal.eu by 23 August 2022 typing ‘Communications Officer’ in the subject line.
The first-round of interviews will be via video link in the week of 29 August. Preferable start date: as soon as possible. Please note that due to a large number of applications, we only reply to candidates who have been short-listed for an interview
About Europe Beyond Coal
Europe Beyond Coal (EBC) is a campaign delivered by over 60 non-governmental organisations with the aim of ending coal burning in Europe by 2030 at the latest, and seeing a fully renewable energy based European power sector by 2035. We also work to contribute to the greening of Europe’s heating sector. We devote our time and resources to this independent campaign because we are committed to seeing a European energy system that protects people, nature and our global climate.